Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bonus - BBC Learning English message boards

It is common to see a lot of rare number for me in my electronic engineering book.

So I have a question about how to pronounce the numbers.


Here’s my question and their reply.


Dear teacher:

I don't know how to pronounce
number with . e.g. 34.55
fraction e.g. 13/14
root sign e.g. √10

Are there any formal and informal pronunciation?
I will be glad to hear your answer.

Thank you very much.


Hi, birdKen,

34.55 = thirty-four point five five
13/14 = thirteen fourteenths

square root of ten

Rover


In fact, I have other questions, but I can’t type the specific sign.

And I think, there have to be a searching function.

After I post a question, it’s troubling to find what I post after a few days.

BBC learning is a good site that has many materials, I’ll visit this site often.

No comments:

Post a Comment